Visit

www.timeintuscany.com Alvina from Podernouvo has agreed to write some posts about the food from Tuscany.

Simple Conversions - Liquids - 1 cup / 250 ml / 8 fl oz Solids - 20 g / 1/2 oz; 125 g / 4 oz; 500g / 1 lb C to F - 120C / 250 F; 180 C / 355 F ; 200 C / 390 F mm to in - 1cm / 1/2 in; 5cm / 2 in Boneless meat or chicken - 450g /1lb

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Aren't those jeans more suitable for a younger woman? Fightin' words!

Hi Jean Scene
Renotta (jeanophile)
Renee (fashion blogger
)

Re - What shoes to wear with skinny jeans?
Ok, so we are coming into summer but it still feels like winter.  It hasn't been warm enough to bare the toes but it's time to wear white jeans. 
So here I am - on my way out to meet up with weekly, long term, similar - aged friends and I am wearing new white skinny jeans I bought on sale;  to-die-for  Hudson jeans with fabulous detail, which fitted damned well!   I tucked them into my short black boots, and said, 'Let's go, Baby!" 

So then G says, " Aren't those jeans more suitable for a younger woman?     Fightin' words!

I ran it past my friends who said, diplomatically, unlike G, "You have such slim hips etc"
But in the lift, on our way out, husband of friend said, " Hmm,  I see what he means - whatever that meant!"  Did they have a quiet conversation about it?  How extraordinary!

I guess it was the white jeans tucked into the black boots that caused the upset, but I really like that look with blue jeans.  Perhaps it was the contrast that didn't work.  

Clara 

1 comment:

  1. I suspect those jeans just looked JUST FINE on you C. Perhaps you should have countered with "aren't I more suitable for a younger man?" Now those are fighting words!

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your ideas. Click on NO COMMENT to add your comment. You can choose ANONYMOUS from the dropdown menu if you do not have a Google account.