Visit

www.timeintuscany.com Alvina from Podernouvo has agreed to write some posts about the food from Tuscany.

Simple Conversions - Liquids - 1 cup / 250 ml / 8 fl oz Solids - 20 g / 1/2 oz; 125 g / 4 oz; 500g / 1 lb C to F - 120C / 250 F; 180 C / 355 F ; 200 C / 390 F mm to in - 1cm / 1/2 in; 5cm / 2 in Boneless meat or chicken - 450g /1lb

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Slim Down




I know all the buzz this fall is about the flare, but I still love my skinny jeans. They just suit me and judging by our customers, skinnies suit them also. I mean what is better than tucking a pair into your favorite boots and topping them off with a great sweater. Done right anyone can wear a pair of skinny jeans. It's just all about proportion. I like a tunic sweater belted and a pair of boots with a 2 inch heel with mine. I'll wrap a big scarf around my neck and Paris here I come. Yesterday this mother daughter trio came in the store and honestly Mom looked as good as the girls. She had on a black sweater  belted and accessorized with a pair of skinnies tucked into a great pair of boots. Everything was right in style, age appropriate and we were all looking. Of course it never hurts to be in great shape and that's where the slim down part comes in. I'm really working hard at being in the best condition possible for someone on medicare. Yes for health reasons and vanity as well. I have been buying up all the Jane Fonda tapes I can get my hands on and pulling all the weights out of storage. I have to say it's working and I feel great. All these delicious salads on this blog make it a lot easier and add some glamour to my dinner table. Tonight I'm planning on serving the zucchini pumpkin salad with a nice light white wine. Candle light will be the perfect lighting for me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an inspiration! Adore the look you are describing but what does one do in summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - so pleased to see that you are giving the pumpkin and zucchini salad a go. You know that the vegetables can still be warm when they are added to the spinach or rocket so it could be called a warm salad.

    I know that in the USA pumpkin isn't eaten much except in Pumpkin pie but we love it here especially when it is sprayed with a little olive oil and roasted.

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear your ideas. Click on NO COMMENT to add your comment. You can choose ANONYMOUS from the dropdown menu if you do not have a Google account.