Visit

www.timeintuscany.com Alvina from Podernouvo has agreed to write some posts about the food from Tuscany.

Simple Conversions - Liquids - 1 cup / 250 ml / 8 fl oz Solids - 20 g / 1/2 oz; 125 g / 4 oz; 500g / 1 lb C to F - 120C / 250 F; 180 C / 355 F ; 200 C / 390 F mm to in - 1cm / 1/2 in; 5cm / 2 in Boneless meat or chicken - 450g /1lb

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Macaroons for a sweet healthy treat

Coconut Macaroons - sweet and simple
Hi there
The cold weather tends to make me feel like something sweet so here is a little treat from Jill Dupleix which vaguely stays within Fit in your jeans guidelines.  They fit in well for the hot weather as well since they are light and carry well for picnics.   

Lime and coconut macaroons
Use your hands to mix 1/2 c sugar, 2 c unsweetened dried coconut, 2 egg whites, 1 tbsp grated lime zest and 1 tbsp lime juice to a thick paste.  Press into a flat square 1/2 inch high and cut out small rounds or roll a tablespoon of mixure into balls and flatten slightly.  Bake on a cookie sheet at 160 C/325 F until lightly golden, 12 to 15 mins.
Clara
Ps my mum was the best cake and sweets cook with me being her greatest fan.  
For me cooking is a loving, nurturing activity as it was for my mum.  However when friends of the family said things in front of me, like "she would make a good front forward, I weaned myself off these delightful treats." PS - I'm the chubby blond.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear your ideas. Click on NO COMMENT to add your comment. You can choose ANONYMOUS from the dropdown menu if you do not have a Google account.